ABOUT THE AWARDS
What are the Entertainment Achievement Awards?
The Entertainment Achievement Awards (EAA) is an awards scheme, which seeks to recognise, unearth, spotlight, encourage and celebrate entertainers and entertainment industry players, who have distinguished themselves in the practice of their Art and in their chosen fields of endeavour.
Launched in 2020, the scheme was created to recognise and award the talents, which make the industry worth the investment, and talents which are often not acknowledged by mainstream media, and awarding platforms.
The EAA focuses on showcasing creatives in Music, Sports, Writing & Poetry, Fashion, Comedy, Online Media, Photography and Film.
How are the Entertainment Achievement Awards Nominees Selected?
During the EAA Nomination Window, members of the public – home and abroad – are welcome to nominate their favourites, in each of the EAA Categories.
After the closure of nominations, the esteemed Entertainment Awards Academy proceeds to sit and subsequently collate a final list of nominees, upon having conducted extensive research into the work and impact of Ghana’s entertainers and creatives.
This list must align with the stipulated criteria of the Entertainment Achievement Awards.
*The EAA Nomination Window 2022 CLOSED at 11:59pm on Saturday, 6th February, 2022
Who are the Entertainment Achievement Awards Academy Members?
The EAA Academy comprises nine (9) distinguished members:
Dr. Bernard Akoi-Jackson
- He is a Ghanaian Artist, Writer and Academic. His Art works are mostly performances or pseudo-rituals. His writing focuses on the development of contemporary Ghanaian (African) Visual Arts and Culture.
- His work moves between installations, dance and poetry, video, and photography. He often builds his own stage sets, both on small and large scales.
- He holds a Master of Fine Arts degree and a PhD in Painting and Sculpture, from the College of Art and Built Environment, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
- His work has been featured in exhibitions, magazines, academic theses/platforms, Art journals and many other media, across Africa, Europe and Asia.
- He is a lecturer at KNUST
- An executive of the National Film Authority
- A film critic and promoter
- A Poet and theatrical creative.
Yaw Ampofo Ankrah
- He is an accomplished Sports broadcaster and analyst.
- He has worked with the BBC and truly comprehends the nature of the international Sports arena.
- He possesses practical knowledge, in Sports administration and Sports talent management.
- As far as his Sports career is concerned, he has experience first-hand, various phases of Ghana’s Sports history.
- Through his administrative involvement in Beach Soccer, he actively contributed to developing Ghana Football, beyond mainstream activity.
- He is an internationally-acclaimed musician (Worked with Stevie Wonder, Craig David, Miss Dynamite, Michael Jackson, Shaggy, etc.)
- He has produced music that has gone on to define many aspects of the Ghanaian sound (eg. Kojo Antwi, Kwabena Kwabena, Efya, Nana Yaa, Pat Thomas, Becca, etc.)
- He is a member of the celebrated Osibisa Band
- He is touted as one of the best keyboardists that Ghana has ever produced
- He is the founder of the OBY band and has been hailed, for his electrifying stage presence and craft
- He single-handedly redefined Entertainment reporting, through what has come to be known as “blogging”.
- He has attended and covered numerous and iconic international entertainment-related festivals.
- He has been an official correspondent for the BET Awards.
- He has grown with Ghana’s Entertainment industry, which has led him to develop a deep understanding of it.
- He has worked with Voice of Africa, Glitz Africa Magazine, Star Newspaper, Ovation and several other local and foreign media outlets – cementing his place as an Entertainment Journalist.
Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD)
- He is a Ghanaian broadcaster, Master of Ceremonies, Media practitioner and Fashion designer.
- He is the (CEO) of the clothing line, Nineteen 57
- He is the founder of the annual fashion event and movement, Rhythms on Da Runway
- He has worked in bottom-up positions at UK fashion brands, such as Ted Baker and Paul Smith.
- He is a Creative Arts critic.
Dr. Francis Gbormittah
How can People Vote for Their Nominees of Choice to Win Their Categories?
In order to vote, during the EAA Voting Window, kindly visit https://entertainmentachievementawards.com/vote and follow the instructions to cast your vote.
As well as via the awards social media pages;
For more information and enquiries call us on +233 205 973 973.
*The 2022 EAA Voting Window WILL CLOSE at 11:59pm on Friday, 18th February, 2022
When is the Entertainment Achievement Awards Ceremony Scheduled to Take Place?
The Entertainment Achievement Awards 2022 will come off, at 7.00 PM Saturday, 26th February 2022 at the Accra Marriot Hotel.